Creating Unique Wearable Art....



Monday, January 24, 2011

My Precious Boy...

December 30th, 2010 came and I now have a handsome 13 year old son, Ryan...He is such a love, caring, gentle, and the best little diesel mechanic you have ever seen.  Since he was born, he has been in the shop.  We use to put him in the big bottom drawer of our tool box when he was tiny, and there we would sleep more soundly than anywhere else...He has been handling tools since he could walk and now can tear apart an engine, gigantic ones, with ease and doesn't think twice to do it.  He has mad talent down at our shop and it makes me smile...Recently Ryan has taken up the game of hockey...he has never been on ice skates before, just roller blades, but he was skating and being part of a team which is hard for him to do.  Why would that be hard for someone with such gifts?  My precious boy was recently diagnosed with PDD, a form of autism.  There..I said it out loud...I am a bit in shock over the word...He has had learning diabilities his whole life, but this never crossed my mind...But each day it settles in more and I realize that he is going to get he education he can use and that is a most excellent thing...and My precious boy is going to be the best he can be...


Here he is getting a reading goal award.

2 comments:

  1. He is one of the sweetest young men I have met, and his sweetest is going to carry him a long way!
    We love you and your family so, so, much!! Glad & Cel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Glad and Cel, that means so much! Luvs ya right back!

    ReplyDelete