Creating Unique Wearable Art....



Saturday, November 27, 2010

Getting Started....1...2...3...Go!

So...here I am...clicking the keys of my computer and trying to think of what I should blog about...do you want to read of my daily life or just those special moments/events? Maybe just about what I do in amongst the creative, artistic, crafting world? 
Well...I will just start with an introduction...
I am a mom and wife-first and foremost.  2 sons - a almost 13 year old and a 7 year old and a 11 year old daughter.  My husband of almost 15 years who I am head over heals for still....I love him.  I have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I love vintage, old world things and decorate my home accordingly.  But my most shocking news is that while I appear to do normal mom and wife roles...my day job is a Diesel Machinist...that is, I work on rebuilding engine components that come out of semi-trucks, dump truck, tractors, graders, bulldozers....yep the big stuff.  Scraping grease, cutting metals, grinding steel...using the some of the biggest wrenches you will ever see...I go home with dirt and grime embedded into my skin and smell of used oil.  Sexy huh?  Well...my husband thinks so cause we work together in our own shop.
But other than my family...my passion is creating.  I love to weave wire and glass together to add an artistic flare to those who wear my pieces.  Being inspired by nature, antique style and oddly enough, where I work...makes for one unique look that I am proud to call Ladybird Creations.  And throw in a softer side, thanks to Grandma P, I love to crochet and create darling and cozy hats, scarves and baby accessories.  Strange combination..yes...but I hope you like the results...


ttfn.....

No comments:

Post a Comment